Thursday, June 25, 2009

Life Happens...

While I was working away in my office this afternoon I noticed our cat (a.k.a. "the huntress") laying in the middle of the front yard. This seemed a little odd, but not enough out of the ordinary to cause concern.

Then, I heard ~ what I thought was the water being turned on outside, that was concerning enough to investigate (since no on was suppose to be home except me).

Coming around the corner on the porch I managed to startle our poor lab (enjoying a lazy summer nap - no doubt) as well as myself. But, no one was there. I must have been hearing things.

As I headed back inside the typical teasing & friendly chasing began, I'd seen it enough times - it's not cute anymore, I B-lined for a glass of water.

Standing in the kitchen, however, I caught site of the dog standing a few feet away from where the Huntress had been & staring at the ground. Then ... it made a run for it!

Yup, once again, she had carefully stalked, pounced & captured a rodent only to have the "mutt" take off with her trophy & have all the fun with it!

When I came out to try & release the prisoner the dog ran while gulping it down.

The cat & I exchanged looks (like so many times before). Mine always says "sorry, I tried" hers always says "Dumb Dog!"

This got me thinking though, how many times have any of us done the hard work only to watch it slip out of our control?

We plan, prepare, worry & then 'life' happens.

In this case, the dumb dog happened. But for many of my clients its been things like a death in the family, the frozen water pipes bursting during the thaw, or even just the changing of the kid's schedules.

So before you go surrendering to the thoughts that "you'll just never get it" & "you're destined for a disorganized life" remember the story of my hard working Huntress & her cohabitant she tolerates.

april

**note: I love the dog dearly, but can't help to agree with the cat sometimes :-)**

Are you a Fan of Simply Organized?

Krumlr

Send to Krumlr & Tweet this!

Fishful Thinking